CSIRO Research Field Station, Department of Animal Nutrition, Adelaide, 1936-1978, near Robe, where work contributed to a cure for scabby wool which affected sheep in coastal areas internationally. This therefore is a highly significant if unpretentious building! (Photograph: Geoff Speirs)
Remarkable Rocks, Flinders Chase National Park, south-west coast of Kangaroo Island (Photograph: Paul Wallace).
Explosives Laboratory, South Australian Government Analyst’s Department. 1907 (Source: Marine Board report, SA Parl. Papers).
In the Flinders Ranges (Photograph: Paul Wallace).
St Peter’s Cathedral, North Adelaide. The foundation stone was laid in 1869 (Photograph: Paul Wallace)
Sculpture Park, Barossa Valley (Photograph: Paul Wallace).
409 locomotive, National Railway Museum, Port Adelaide (Photograph: Geoff Speirs)
The Herbig Family Tree, Springton. Johann Friedrich Herbig lived here, and from 1858 with his wife and family (Photograph: Paul Wallace).
The remains of Jacka’s Brewery at Melrose. The Jackas built a small brewery and began brewing in Melrose in 1877. In 1893 they bought Marshall’s flour mill and converted it for brewing. The building was gutted in a fire in 1924, was re-instated and brewing continued until 1934 (Photograph Alison Painter).
The Boer War Memorial, North Terrace, Adelaide, 1911, and already a tourist attraction. The photograph was created by Brian Dickey's great grandfather Richard Ricketts, who is in this group of tourists on their way from Sydney to the Home Country (Courtesy of Brian Dickey).